- Here are a few quick ways to prepare any of our Harvest Fresh Riced Veggies!
- Heat a sauté pan over medium-high heat, and add olive oil.
- Add your vegetable rice and sauté for 3-5 minutes. The longer it cooks, the softer it gets
Stove Top Steaming Method:
- Add 1 inch of water to the bottom of a saucepan with a lid.
- Add in the riced vegetable, turn the stovetop to high heat.
- Pop the lid on the saucepan and allow to steam for 3 minutes, remove from heat, strain and serve.
- 1 Harvest Fresh Riced Vegetable of choice, place in a microwaveable bowl.
- Place in the microwave and cook for 6-8 minutes, until softened.
- Add oil, or butter, and any spices for desired flavouring.
** If you are wanting a “mashed” product as a replacement for mashed potatoes:
- Once you have completed your preference of the cooking method and riced vegetables have cooled:
- Using a cheese cloth, or a clean dishtowel, drain riced vegetable, and squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Place in a bowl, add butter, place in microwave for 3 minutes, until warmed, then add salt, pepper and spices for desired flavouring.
* Check out our recipes for great meal ideas!