- In a pot over medium heat add butter, add Cipolline onions, sauté stirring occasionally, until translucent, add garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add crushed tomatoes, pepper, chicken broth, basil, sugar, and black pepper. Stir until combine, bring to a boil then reduce heat, partially cover with lid and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Using an immersion blender, blend until smooth then return blended soup to the pot over medium heat.
- Add Spinach, until wilted, heavy cream and parmesan cheese, return to a simmer. Season to taste with salt if needed.
- Garnish with Fresh Basil, parmesan cheese and ready to serve.
Great to enjoy with our Cauliflower Spinach Grilled Cheese recipe!